RATE PER PERSON: $85 EACH
Minimun 4 persons / 2 persons the price is negotiable.
Half Day Tour
A 2 hour boat safari on the Tempisque River bordering Palo Verde National Park viewing a vast array of wildlife such as iguanas, crocodiles, monkeys, and many species of birds. After a plentiful Costa Rican style meal, we will visit the Guaitil Pottery village that is famous throughout Costa Rica and the rest of Central America for its pre-Columbian Chorotega style.
Itinerary: After a scenic guided drive, you will then hope into your boat and spend 2 hours on the Tempique River that borders the Palo Verde National Park, best known for its murky water and spectacular wetlands. Your naturalist guide will help to spot wildlife in the dry forest vegetation and mangroves. There are over 600 different species of birds, both local and migratory .Appropriately, this tour is a real treat for bird watchers, as you’ll have the chance of spotting a wide range of fowl that includes storks, egrets, spoonbills, grebes and more. Also be on the lookout for monkeys, iguanas, scarlet macaws, anteaters, crocodiles and caimans, which can often be seen lingering along the banks of the river.
Guided Boat Safari day tour
Admission fees and taxes
Lunch, beverages, and bottled water
Roundtrip transportation to and from Hotels, Condos, and Houses in Designated Areas
Live commentary provided in English or Spanish
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Book
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place
- You must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to walk in unpaved or uneven terrain. A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you have back, neck, joint, or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether to participate
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- Roundtrip transportation.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel or house 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time