RATE PER PERSON: $150 EACH
Minimun 4 persons / 2 persons the price is negotiable.
Guachipelin’s newest mountain biking tour at Rincon de la Vieja Volcano rides singletrack trails on three different routes that will satisfy all levels: Beginner, Intermediate and Expert. Hacienda Guachipelin maintains 30 kilometers of shaded singletrack mountain bike trails with scenic views – the only mountain bike trails in Costa Rica on an active volcano! The altitude makes this area cooler than coastal area trails.
Each exciting Costa Rica mountain biking adventure starts at the same point, riding singletrack through the forest along a river. Altitude starts at 500 meters (1,640 feet). The well-shaded trail keeps you cool, and being surrounded by nature gives you high chances of seeing wildlife, like howler and white-faced monkeys, agoutis, armadillos, and Crested Curassows. Our route takes you to the Oropendula Waterfall, where you can go for a quick swim if you like. Then you will continue back on a forest trail bordering the Rincon de la Vieja National Park, crossing several bridges, some over rivers, back to Hotel Hacienda Guachipelin.
Hacienda Guachipelin uses only high-quality mountain bikes and offers both hard tail as well as full suspension.
Beginner: 12.5 km ride (7.7 miles); Ascent: 5.5 km (3.4 miles); Descent: 7 km (4.3 miles); Duration 1.5 – 2.5 hours.
Intermediate: 16 km ride (10 miles); Ascent: 5.5 km (3.4 miles); Descent with ups and downs: 10.5 km (6.5 miles); Duration 2 – 3 hours.
Expert: 30 km ride (18.7 miles). The first half of the ride involves 5.5 km (3.4 miles) of ascent and 7 km (4.3 miles) of descent with ups and downs. The second half rides singletrack 17.5 km (11 miles) alongside the Rincon de la Vieja National Park on variable terrain with ups and downs; mostly under forest tree cover. There will be another opportunity to refresh with a swim in waterfall pools by the park. Duration: 3 – 4 hours.
- A/C Transportation
- Pick up and drop off at your place.
- Full suspension mountain bike,
- helmet, gloves, fruit and water or hydrating drink.
- Bilingual Mountain biking guides (English-Spanish).
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Book
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place
- You must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to walk in unpaved or uneven terrain. A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you have back, neck, joint, or muscular problems, you should carefully consider whether to participate
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- Roundtrip transportation.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel or house 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time